Assisi full day tour in a Small Group from Rome
Experience the medieval charm of Assisi, certainly the best known tourist destination in Umbria on this day tour from Rome. Your visit will focus on the city of Assisi, known as the city of saints, where a local guide will explain the history and legends. We will begin our walk with a visit to the Basilica of Santa Maria degli Angeli, built in 1569, one of the largest sanctuaries in the Christian world, we will continue with the Church of Santa Chiara, where San Francesco was born, the Basilica of San Francesco internally decorated with beautiful frescoes of the XII-XIV century, where the relics of the Saint are preserved, the Piazza del Comune with the Palazzo del Popolo, the Roman Temple dedicated to Minerva and the Palazzo Comunale. After dedicating time to our cultural visit, we will relax in the green and taste the flavors of a winery, where they will delight you with a taste of wines produced by them, accompanied by typical products of the Umbrian peasant land! At the end of the tasting, we will have free time in the city of Assisi, to finish discovering the wonders of this enchanting city.
- Pick-up at the hotel (This service is available at all accommodation within an 8 km radius from the meet point, where the majority of the hotels in Rome are found.
- English speaking expert guide
- Visit to three churches (Basilica of S. Francesco, Basilica of Santa Chiara and Church of Santa Maria degli Angeli)
- Individual headphones
- tasting of typical products
DeparturePiazza della Repubblica (in front of the church of Santa Maria degli Angeli)
Dress CodeWe recommend that you wear comfortable shoes and clothes and bring a bottle of water with you during the summer.
IncludedAssisi full day tour in a Small Group from RomeGuideTransportEntrance FeesEarphonesMinimum number 4 peopleTasting
Not Includedentry without queueLunchDinner
From April 1st to October 31st: Tuesday - Friday - SundayFrom November 1st to March 31st: Tuesday - Sunday
- Full day tour
- Duration: aprox. 12 hours
- Meeting point: at 08:00 - Piazza della Repubblica ((in front of the church of Santa Maria degli Angeli)
- Pick up 07:15//07:30 Hotel / B&B
- Expected return 19: 30/20: 00
- If your B&B does not have a reception, please leave a telephone number when booking.
- To ensure the scheduled departure of the tour, all travelers must wait for the pick-up service outside the accommodation location.
- We recommend that you wear comfortable shoes and clothes and bring a bottle of water with you during the summer.
- This tour has a maximum of 14 participants.
- Free cancellation up to 48 hours before the activity starts. If you cancel under this time or do not show up, you will not be refunded.