Modern Rome: EUR Sightseeing tour
A visit where we will discover a different Rome.
Modern Rome is located in the EUR district, a district designed in 1942 by Mussolini to host the Expo which could not be held because the Second World War broke out in the same year. This project was completed by the architect Marcello Piacentini in the late 1950s, where the rationalism and aestheticism of classical art merge.
EUR is the masterpiece of rationalism that highlights its countless white buildings.
We will visit:
- Palazzo della Civiltà, also known as the square Colosseum, a building in reinforced concrete clad in travertine, with 54 arches for each facade, 9 arches in line and 9 in column
- Palazzo dei Congressi, which was the Olympic venue during the 1960 Olympics. Today it is used as a center for congresses and exhibitions.
- Basilica of Saints Peter and Paul, located at the highest point of the EUR district, consecrated to the two apostles and belonging to the “Friars Minor Conventual”.
We will make a short stop at the Central Park of Lake Eur where we will see “the Garden of the waterfalls”, we will cross the Europa district where the Marconi Obelisk dedicated to the physicist Guillermo Marconi stands out, an obelisk with a pyramidal trunk, covered by 92 marble slabs of Carrara arranged on 4 rows.
DepartureCirco Massimo Metro (line B) - in front of the Bistro Gran Massimo coffee shop
IncludedModern Rome: EUR Sightseeing tourGuideTransportMinimum number 4 people
Not Includedentry without queueEntrance FeesEarphonesLunchTastingDinner
- DURATION: 3 hours
- Departure Time: 09.30
- Departure Point: Circo Massimo Metro (line B) - in front of the Bistro Gran Massimo coffee shop
- Minimum number of participants: 4 people
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.