Papal audience and Vatican museums
The Papal Audience is an opportunity for believers and pilgrims to meet Pope Francis and receive his blessing.
Experience firsthand an intense spiritual experience like this, an exciting moment of reflection together with thousands of faithful and pilgrims from all corners of the world. You can pray or simply witness one of the oldest and most extraordinary traditions in the world.
After the audience, you will meet again with the assistant who will accompany you to the restaurant for lunch.
In the afternoon the tour will continue with a visit to the Vatican Museums and St. Peter’s Basilica, built in the 15th century by Pope Sixtus IV, one of the most important examples commissioned during the papal period of the Renaissance. Thanks to the genius of Michelangelo, you will have a superlative and unforgettable experience.
This great artist created masterpieces of painting, such as the “Creation of Adam” and the incomparable “Last Judgment”, on the rear wall of the altar.
Leaving the Vatican Museums, we will visit St. Peter’s Basilica, where we will have the opportunity to admire Michelangelo’s amazing and delicate sculpture “La Pietà”, and the interior decorations by Bernini, we will finish the tour with an explanation of St. Peter’s Square.
- The Papal audience is scheduled for 10:30 am;
- Depending on the time of year and the number of pilgrims, the Papal Audience takes place either in the square, in the Basilica or in the magnificent Sala Nervi;
- This tour is not suitable for people with reduced mobility or wheelchair users;
- Entry to churches or places of worship requires an appropriate dress code;
- It is not allowed to bring backpacks, metal objects and umbrellas (you must go through the metal detector and security checks)
Departurepick-up at 06:30 / 06:45 from selected hotels in Rome
IncludedPapal audience and Vatican museumsentry without queueGuideTransportEntrance FeesEarphonesMinimum number 4 people
- Every Wednesday
- DURATION: aprox 09:00 hours
- DEPARTURE: H. 7:00
- MEETING POINT: at H. 6:20 from hotel (only hotels located inside the Aurelian Walls) For those staying in apartments or b & b, meeting point at 7:00 am directly in Via della Conciliazione 48
- MINIMUM OF PARTICIPANTS FOR THE DEPARTURE: minimum 4 pax
- In churches, it is mandatory to have the shoulders and knees covered
- Have your paper or electronic voucher with you, and show it before the tour departs